UPDATE: Eager gamblers buy last minute Mega Millions lottery tickets, $425 Million Jackpot | News
Oklahoma City, Okla.- The Mega Millions Jackpot just keeps growing.
Even though it’s Friday, the 13th, a lot of Oklahomans are feeling lucky.
All of them dreaming about the $425 Million Jackpot and whoever holds the winning ticket can get a $228 Million cash payout.
What would you do with that kind of money?
“Uh, retire,” said Cheryl Nolin.
“Buy my wife a new car,” said Rudy Lucero.
“Go to Disney World just to start things off,” said Kent Keith.
We met Kent Keith, waiting in line to buy his lottery ticket, at Buy For Less on Penn and NW 23rd street.
With the jackpot, sitting at $425 Million, Keith has a plan.
“Then probably head to Jamaica and just chill out,” said Keith.
For many eager gamblers, buying a lottery ticket is all about the game of chance.
“If someone wins this one, it’s the 5th largest jackpot we’ve had,” said Redburn.
Rollo Redburn with the Oklahoma Lottery Commission says the odds of winning are slim.
“Now it’s one in the 258th Million chances to win the jackpot,” said Redburn.
However, he said eventually someone does come out on top, even on Friday, the 13th.
“It could be a lucky day for somebody,” said Redburn.
For Cheryl Nolin, she’s hoping that lucky someone is her and the 15 other people in her office pool.
Along with retiring, she’d like to build a theater for kids in the Newcastle, Tri-City area.
“It would just be a great place for the community, the arts, the performing arts,” said Redburn.
With many hopes and dreams for ticket buyers, now it’s time to wait, to see who beats the odds.
The drawing is on Friday, the 13th at 10 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff