Woman’s prized heirlooms stolen from motel parking lot | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Family photos, antique books and a grandmother’s wedding dress are just a handful of heirlooms that were stolen from a Motel 6 parking lot in El Reno early Wednesday morning.
Originally from California, Kyla Viehman travels with her fiancé for his job.
They’ve been on the road for three years, living out of hotels and keeping all of their most valuable items in a small trailer attached to the back of their truck.
She said, “He came in and said, ‘I have some bad news. Our trailer is gone’ and I popped up and ran out and saw a missing space where it was and started crying.”
For Viehman, this isn’t just a stolen trailer.
She said, “Yeah, that was our home. Everything we have was in there.”
This was supposed to be the end of the trek for the newly engaged couple before heading back to California to settle down.
She said, “We were on our way home for Christmas to plan our wedding and finally get a house, and now I don’t want to leave here.”
Viehman says she is still hoping for a Christmas miracle; that the thieves will have a change of heart.
She said, “I don’t care as long as I can get that stuff back because what am I going to show my kids? I have nothing to show for everything I’ve done so far.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff