Woman’s prized heirlooms stolen from motel parking lot | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Family photos, antique books and a grandmother’s wedding dress are just a handful of heirlooms that were stolen from a Motel 6 parking lot in El Reno early Wednesday morning.
Originally from California, Kyla Viehman travels with her fiancé for his job.
They’ve been on the road for three years, living out of hotels and keeping all of their most valuable items in a small trailer attached to the back of their truck.
She said, “He came in and said, ‘I have some bad news. Our trailer is gone’ and I popped up and ran out and saw a missing space where it was and started crying.”
For Viehman, this isn’t just a stolen trailer.
She said, “Yeah, that was our home. Everything we have was in there.”
This was supposed to be the end of the trek for the newly engaged couple before heading back to California to settle down.
She said, “We were on our way home for Christmas to plan our wedding and finally get a house, and now I don’t want to leave here.”
Viehman says she is still hoping for a Christmas miracle; that the thieves will have a change of heart.
She said, “I don’t care as long as I can get that stuff back because what am I going to show my kids? I have nothing to show for everything I’ve done so far.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured