Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures | News
Officials at the National Weather Service have canceled a series of storm advisories that were issued for much of the state.
Authorities say the winter weather advisory that was issued for central Oklahoma has been canceled since the precipitation has ended.
However, experts stress that secondary roads will likely remain slick throughout the rest of the day.
The entire state will be dry by this afternoon with bitterly cold temperatures in the teens and 20s.
Strong northerly winds will create wind chills in the single digits today.
PLEASE BUNDLE UP the kids if they go out and play in the snow and remember your pets.
Skies will clear and winds will drop back a notch overnight resulting in record low temperatures tomorrow morning.
Oklahoma City’s record low for Dec. 7 is 6 degrees set back in 1950; our forecast low is 2.
If you are venturing out to the Bedlam game, get ready for morning wind chills below zero.
Although snow is not expected, temperatures will be dangerously cold in the teens.
A reinforcing shot of Arctic air will drop temps once again Monday and Tuesday.
We could see wind chills well below zero for Tuesday morning.
Temperatures will finally climb above the freezing mark by mid-week and 40s will return by Friday.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay tuned for updates!
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder