Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather | News
With temperatures already below freezing and expected to drop to the single digits, there are some extra precautions you can take to make sure your pipes don’t burst in the frigid temps.
According to insurance experts, to keep your water running “inside” the pipes, make sure to leave your cabinets open, so warm air can circulate around them, especially in kitchens and bathrooms.
Also, fit exposed pipes with insulation sleeves or wrapping to keep the water from freezing.
If you’re going to be away from home for a while, consider draining the water system.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DASH CAM: Wild chase ends in crash, suspect attempts to swim away
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan