School teacher sinks $20,000 “Thunder money ball” | News
PIEDMONT, Okla. – Brad Brucker is sort of the “Ron Burgundy” of Piedmont High School.
Brucker joked, “I’m kind of a big deal.”
He’s a business teacher turned basketball hero.
At Thursday night’s Thunder game, Brad and his wife, Britney, were plucked from a crowd of 18,000 for a chance at winning $20,000.
Brad told us, “I couldn’t feel my arms. I didn’t know if it would go over or half way between me and the goal.”
At 5’8″, he’s admittedly not much of a basketball player.
His biggest fear was humiliation.
He said, “I’m gonna get booed off the court and air ball. It’s gonna be terrible.”
To everyone’s amazement, that shot went off the glass and in the net.
Brucker said, “I wasn’t expecting to drain it. It was a miracle shot.”
A Thunder money ball, capped with a congratulations from music moguls Beyonce and Jay Z.
Brucker told us, “He smelled really nice at least. That was fun!”
Brad is now using his improbable night as a valuable teaching tool.
This business teacher told his kids, “Use what you’re given responsibly and you can change your family tree.”
Mr. Brucker estimates his family will net about $10,200 after taxes and tithing.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff