Norman, Kingfisher athletes selected as state winners for high-school Heisman | News
NORMAN, Okla. – A pair of Oklahoma high school athletes are being recognized by a high-profile award program.
Wendy’s High School Heisman Award recognizes students who are leaders in their communities, have high academic standards, athletic accomplishments and are involved in extracurricular activities.
The finalists were selected from a pool of 4,800 applicants.
The 2013 winners from Oklahoma are Briana Kuestersteffen from Norman North High School and Landon Nault from Kingfisher High School.
Kuestersteffen and Nault will now compete against winners from other regions across the country for a chance to be named one of 12 national finalists.
Those 12 finalists will go on to compete for the national title.
All finalists will receive $2,000 for their high schools and gold medals.
The national winners will each receive a crystal Wendy’s High School Heisman trophy, a $500 Wendy’s gift card and a $10,000 donation to their high schools.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property