Mustang eighth grader wins writing contest | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – Published authors selected an eighth grade Mustang student’s story as the winner of a local fiction writing contest.
Bridgett McGill, who is an eighth grader at Mustang Middle School, won the 2013 Carolyn A. Klepper Youth Fiction Writing Contest.
The contest was sponsored by the Friends of the Mustang Public Library and received entries from across the world, including Canada and Indonesia.
McGill submitted her story “At a Loss,” which is a modern military story that takes place in Iraq.
On Thursday, organizers will give her a plaque and $500.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured