Mustang eighth grader wins writing contest | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – Published authors selected an eighth grade Mustang student’s story as the winner of a local fiction writing contest.
Bridgett McGill, who is an eighth grader at Mustang Middle School, won the 2013 Carolyn A. Klepper Youth Fiction Writing Contest.
The contest was sponsored by the Friends of the Mustang Public Library and received entries from across the world, including Canada and Indonesia.
McGill submitted her story “At a Loss,” which is a modern military story that takes place in Iraq.
On Thursday, organizers will give her a plaque and $500.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff