Airport security could be faster, less of hassle soon in Oklahoma City | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The next time you go to the airport, the process to get from the ticket counter to the plane could be a bit faster and easier.
A new security program at Will Rogers World Airport is aiming to speed up the process for travelers.
It’s the TSA Pre-Check, an expedited security screening.
Those going through will no longer have to worry about taking off shoes or packing liquids in plastic bags.
A handful of the strict guidelines are being ruled out.
TSA is expanding the faster screening program to 60 airports across the country right now, including Will Rogers in Oklahoma City.
Safety officials are working to move away from a “one size fits all” approach and looking for more ways to provide an effective and efficient security check process.
Travelers will also be able to keep on coats and belts with this new process.
Laptops can stay packed away.
By the end of the year, TSA officials said they plan to enforce this father security process in 100 airports across the country.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes