Airport security could be faster, less of hassle soon in Oklahoma City | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The next time you go to the airport, the process to get from the ticket counter to the plane could be a bit faster and easier.
A new security program at Will Rogers World Airport is aiming to speed up the process for travelers.
It’s the TSA Pre-Check, an expedited security screening.
Those going through will no longer have to worry about taking off shoes or packing liquids in plastic bags.
A handful of the strict guidelines are being ruled out.
TSA is expanding the faster screening program to 60 airports across the country right now, including Will Rogers in Oklahoma City.
Safety officials are working to move away from a “one size fits all” approach and looking for more ways to provide an effective and efficient security check process.
Travelers will also be able to keep on coats and belts with this new process.
Laptops can stay packed away.
By the end of the year, TSA officials said they plan to enforce this father security process in 100 airports across the country.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured