Pets and people to haunt OKC park for Howl-O-Ween Friday | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – It’s time for people and pets to don their costumes and haunt a local park Friday night, all for a cancer-fighting cause.
Bark for Life and the American Cancer Society are teaming up in Howl-O-Ween from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Duffner Park on the southeast corner of May and Hefner.
All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Howl-O-Ween is will feature of fun-filled events for both two-and four-legged members of the family.
A haunted house photo booth, Imagine If Photography will be on hand to capture a special photo of human children and dog children for $15.
A costume contest for dogs and their family members.
Categories include, spookiest, best pooch and parent, most original, best homemade, best group and celebrity lookalike.
Mummy wrapping contest for dogs, wrap your dogs up in provided materials for a chance to win a prize.
Bobbing for bones, like the classic bobbing for apples, but with treats for dogs.
A howling contest, the dog with the loudest howl will be determined by a panel of judges.
$5 deals, including, your choice of a “spooky” cut hot dog or a “mummy” biscuit wrapped hot dog, a bag of chips and a soft drink.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Officials: One person unaccounted for following massive house fire
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan