Pets and people to haunt OKC park for Howl-O-Ween Friday | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – It’s time for people and pets to don their costumes and haunt a local park Friday night, all for a cancer-fighting cause.
Bark for Life and the American Cancer Society are teaming up in Howl-O-Ween from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Duffner Park on the southeast corner of May and Hefner.
All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Howl-O-Ween is will feature of fun-filled events for both two-and four-legged members of the family.
A haunted house photo booth, Imagine If Photography will be on hand to capture a special photo of human children and dog children for $15.
A costume contest for dogs and their family members.
Categories include, spookiest, best pooch and parent, most original, best homemade, best group and celebrity lookalike.
Mummy wrapping contest for dogs, wrap your dogs up in provided materials for a chance to win a prize.
Bobbing for bones, like the classic bobbing for apples, but with treats for dogs.
A howling contest, the dog with the loudest howl will be determined by a panel of judges.
$5 deals, including, your choice of a “spooky” cut hot dog or a “mummy” biscuit wrapped hot dog, a bag of chips and a soft drink.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property