Free trees available for storm victims | News
Right now registration is open for victims of those destructive spring storms to get some “re-leaf” with free trees.
800 trees are available to Oklahoma City residents who were impacted.
Since 2008, the Houston based “Apache Foundation” in cooperation with the “Tree Bank Foundation” have donated more than 6,000 trees to Oklahoma residents.
This year the donations are set aside for storm victims.
Although registration is open, the trees will not be distributed until later this month.
Registration will be open as long as there are trees available.
City leaders are teaming up with the Tree Bank Foundation and OSU-OKC to hand out 800 trees free of charge to the residents affected by the storms.
To register or call (405) 602-3050.
Tree pick up is scheduled for Oct. 26 at OSU-OKC.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog