OKC man charged with possession and distribution of child pornography | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Juan Manuel Rodriguez Romo, 28, of Oklahoma City was arrested Tuesday evening at his residence after the Canadian County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant in connection with distribution of child pornography.
The search warrant was obtained after the Sheriff’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) unit determined child porn was being downloaded and distributed from a computer at the residence.
On their arrival, Rodriguez Romo met investigators at the door, and was provided with a copy of the search warrant, and asked if he would be willing to cooperate. Once inside the residence deputies located several computers, and determined child porn was actively being traded online while they were accessing the equipment.
The information that led authorities to the residence originated from a Sheriff’s Office undercover computer, and follow up by investigators resulted in obtaining child porn from the subject online.
Authorities also determined Rodriguez Romo and his wife to be undocumented aliens, and learned they entered the country through El Paso, Texas approximately 11 years ago.
“I was sickened by the images he was sharing of children being sexually molested, and I’m confident our actions have prevented him from acting out his repulsive fantasies on some innocent child,” said Randall Edwards, Canadian County Sheriff.
Rodriguez Romo was transported to the Oklahoma County Jail, and booked on charges consisting of Possession of Child Pornography while additional charges related to manufacturing and distribution will be filed at a later date. His bond is set at $10,000.00.
The Canadian County Sheriff’s Office continues to work it’s Internet Crimes Against Children program in partnership with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed