Unemployment applications up; no Sept. report to be released during shutdown | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The number of people applying for unemployment benefits increased slightly last week.
Officials at the Labor Department said applications for benefits went up by 1,000.
The slight increase leaves the level of applications for unemployment benefits near a six-year low.
The labor department is not expected to release its September jobs report as scheduled Friday because of the government’s partial shutdown.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff