Unemployment applications up; no Sept. report to be released during shutdown | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The number of people applying for unemployment benefits increased slightly last week.
Officials at the Labor Department said applications for benefits went up by 1,000.
The slight increase leaves the level of applications for unemployment benefits near a six-year low.
The labor department is not expected to release its September jobs report as scheduled Friday because of the government’s partial shutdown.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property