Unemployment applications up; no Sept. report to be released during shutdown | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The number of people applying for unemployment benefits increased slightly last week.
Officials at the Labor Department said applications for benefits went up by 1,000.
The slight increase leaves the level of applications for unemployment benefits near a six-year low.
The labor department is not expected to release its September jobs report as scheduled Friday because of the government’s partial shutdown.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Caddo Nation headquarters hit by alleged vandals, thieves
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl found safe
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- Car hits child on bike in S.E. Oklahoma City; no word on injuries
- Four in custody after alleged attempted car jacking sends car into south Oklahoma City home
- Police: Two in critical condition after late night apartment shooting, fire starts minutes later
- Police department forced to change popular event name
- Firefighters put out blaze at S.W. OKC apartment complex