Tiredness to blame for deadly accident | News
EL RENO, Okla.- Authorities in Canadian County suspect tiredness played a role in a deadly accident on Friday morning.
Officials say 28-year-old Adrian Cortez was driving a Ford pickup on U.S. Highway 270 when he left the roadway.
That’s when he over-corrected to the left and then over-corrected to the right before sliding off the highway.
The truck hit a fence post before vaulting into the air and landing on its roof.
Cortez was pinned for about an hour and a half while the Calumet and El Reno Fire Departments used the Hurst tool to free him.
He died at the scene from his injuries.
Officials say they believe Cortez was falling asleep behind the wheel when the accident occurred.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel