Tiredness to blame for deadly accident | News
EL RENO, Okla.- Authorities in Canadian County suspect tiredness played a role in a deadly accident on Friday morning.
Officials say 28-year-old Adrian Cortez was driving a Ford pickup on U.S. Highway 270 when he left the roadway.
That’s when he over-corrected to the left and then over-corrected to the right before sliding off the highway.
The truck hit a fence post before vaulting into the air and landing on its roof.
Cortez was pinned for about an hour and a half while the Calumet and El Reno Fire Departments used the Hurst tool to free him.
He died at the scene from his injuries.
Officials say they believe Cortez was falling asleep behind the wheel when the accident occurred.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property