Tiredness to blame for deadly accident | News
EL RENO, Okla.- Authorities in Canadian County suspect tiredness played a role in a deadly accident on Friday morning.
Officials say 28-year-old Adrian Cortez was driving a Ford pickup on U.S. Highway 270 when he left the roadway.
That’s when he over-corrected to the left and then over-corrected to the right before sliding off the highway.
The truck hit a fence post before vaulting into the air and landing on its roof.
Cortez was pinned for about an hour and a half while the Calumet and El Reno Fire Departments used the Hurst tool to free him.
He died at the scene from his injuries.
Officials say they believe Cortez was falling asleep behind the wheel when the accident occurred.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DASH CAM: Wild chase ends in crash, suspect attempts to swim away
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan