Labor Day travel expected highest since 2008 financial crisis | News
Experts are estimating more travelers than ever will be hitting the road this Labor Day.
AAA officials said they are expecting more than 34 million people will take a trip of at least 50 miles.
According to AAA, that is a 4.2 percent increase from 2012.
If these estimates are correct, more people will travel in the U.S. this year than any Labor Day Break since the 2008 financial crisis.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed