Storytelling festival coming to OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY —For thirty years the Arts Council of Oklahoma City has been organizing the Storytelling Festival.
It’s an annual event featuring storytellers from around the globe.
NewsChannel 4′s Ali Meyer talks with festival co-chair, Lori Ford about the event which is scheduled for August 22nd through August 24th at the Oklahoma History Center.
Tickets are $10 and under.
This year’s featured storytellers include four famous performers.
Here’s some samples of their work:
Barbara McBride-Smith is a Greek teller with a southern twang.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area