Storytelling festival coming to OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY —For thirty years the Arts Council of Oklahoma City has been organizing the Storytelling Festival.
It’s an annual event featuring storytellers from around the globe.
NewsChannel 4′s Ali Meyer talks with festival co-chair, Lori Ford about the event which is scheduled for August 22nd through August 24th at the Oklahoma History Center.
Tickets are $10 and under.
This year’s featured storytellers include four famous performers.
Here’s some samples of their work:
Barbara McBride-Smith is a Greek teller with a southern twang.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property
- Pet saves family in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- ‘It’s a perfect storm;’ What homeowners can do about higher property taxes