Islamic law ban in Oklahoma struck down | News
A federal court has prohibited officials in Oklahoma from legitimizing the results of an election from 2010. That election would have not allowed state courts from using international or Islamic law in their case decisions.
The federal court struck down the ban saying it’s illegal.
In the ruling the federal court called out Oklahoma officials saying, “At the preliminary injunction hearing they did not know of even a single instance where an Oklahoma court had applied Sharia Law or uses [of it] had resulted in concrete problems in Oklahoma.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder