Islamic law ban in Oklahoma struck down | News
A federal court has prohibited officials in Oklahoma from legitimizing the results of an election from 2010. That election would have not allowed state courts from using international or Islamic law in their case decisions.
The federal court struck down the ban saying it’s illegal.
In the ruling the federal court called out Oklahoma officials saying, “At the preliminary injunction hearing they did not know of even a single instance where an Oklahoma court had applied Sharia Law or uses [of it] had resulted in concrete problems in Oklahoma.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed