Islamic law ban in Oklahoma struck down | News
A federal court has prohibited officials in Oklahoma from legitimizing the results of an election from 2010. That election would have not allowed state courts from using international or Islamic law in their case decisions.
The federal court struck down the ban saying it’s illegal.
In the ruling the federal court called out Oklahoma officials saying, “At the preliminary injunction hearing they did not know of even a single instance where an Oklahoma court had applied Sharia Law or uses [of it] had resulted in concrete problems in Oklahoma.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff