National Guard members back on Sooner soil | News
LEXINGTON, Okla. – It is the day some Oklahoma National Guard members and their families have been awaiting for almost a year.
Tuesday about 50 members of the 149th General Support Aviation Battalion are returning home to the Sooner State.
While they were overseas, the GSAB provided combat air ambulance services for troops on the ground.
The welcome home ceremony starts at 2 p.m. at the Army Aviation Support Facility in Lexington.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rule change could make it harder for some people to go skydiving
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff