National Guard members back on Sooner soil | News
LEXINGTON, Okla. – It is the day some Oklahoma National Guard members and their families have been awaiting for almost a year.
Tuesday about 50 members of the 149th General Support Aviation Battalion are returning home to the Sooner State.
While they were overseas, the GSAB provided combat air ambulance services for troops on the ground.
The welcome home ceremony starts at 2 p.m. at the Army Aviation Support Facility in Lexington.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes