Okla. soldier’s defense team makes closing statement in WikiLeaks case | News
FORT MEADE, M.D. – The defense team for Oklahoma Army Private Bradley Manning will make its closing statements Friday.
The prosecution made their closing remarks Thursday, calling Manning a “traitor” who leaked government secrets to garner fame.
He is charged with providing more than 700,000 private military documents to WikiLeaks while serving in Iraq.
The soldier is facing charges for 21 crimes including “aiding the enemy” and could spend life in prison if convicted.
Following a rebuttal by the government, Judge Denise Lind will begin deliberations in the non-jury Court Marshal.
They have not confirmed when a verdict could be announced.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured