Okla. soldier’s defense team makes closing statement in WikiLeaks case | News
FORT MEADE, M.D. – The defense team for Oklahoma Army Private Bradley Manning will make its closing statements Friday.
The prosecution made their closing remarks Thursday, calling Manning a “traitor” who leaked government secrets to garner fame.
He is charged with providing more than 700,000 private military documents to WikiLeaks while serving in Iraq.
The soldier is facing charges for 21 crimes including “aiding the enemy” and could spend life in prison if convicted.
Following a rebuttal by the government, Judge Denise Lind will begin deliberations in the non-jury Court Marshal.
They have not confirmed when a verdict could be announced.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel