Okla. soldier’s defense team makes closing statement in WikiLeaks case | News
FORT MEADE, M.D. – The defense team for Oklahoma Army Private Bradley Manning will make its closing statements Friday.
The prosecution made their closing remarks Thursday, calling Manning a “traitor” who leaked government secrets to garner fame.
He is charged with providing more than 700,000 private military documents to WikiLeaks while serving in Iraq.
The soldier is facing charges for 21 crimes including “aiding the enemy” and could spend life in prison if convicted.
Following a rebuttal by the government, Judge Denise Lind will begin deliberations in the non-jury Court Marshal.
They have not confirmed when a verdict could be announced.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes