Church offers free summer camp for tornado victims | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While many children are trying to enjoy the rest of their summer break, it can be hard for kids who lost everything during the May storms.
Church of the Harvest is helping those children with a free summer camp.
The ‘Youth America Kids Camp’ is providing free camp registrations to storm survivors in the first through fifth grade who experienced loss or damage to their homes or schools earlier this year.
The four-day, three-night camp is scheduled for July 29 through August 1.
Visitors will be able to enjoy games, activities, kid-oriented services and swimming.
Professional counselors will also be on hand to talk with children when needed.
For more information on the camp, visit the Church of the Harvest website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area