Church offers free summer camp for tornado victims | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While many children are trying to enjoy the rest of their summer break, it can be hard for kids who lost everything during the May storms.
Church of the Harvest is helping those children with a free summer camp.
The ‘Youth America Kids Camp’ is providing free camp registrations to storm survivors in the first through fifth grade who experienced loss or damage to their homes or schools earlier this year.
The four-day, three-night camp is scheduled for July 29 through August 1.
Visitors will be able to enjoy games, activities, kid-oriented services and swimming.
Professional counselors will also be on hand to talk with children when needed.
For more information on the camp, visit the Church of the Harvest website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire