Church offers free summer camp for tornado victims | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While many children are trying to enjoy the rest of their summer break, it can be hard for kids who lost everything during the May storms.
Church of the Harvest is helping those children with a free summer camp.
The ‘Youth America Kids Camp’ is providing free camp registrations to storm survivors in the first through fifth grade who experienced loss or damage to their homes or schools earlier this year.
The four-day, three-night camp is scheduled for July 29 through August 1.
Visitors will be able to enjoy games, activities, kid-oriented services and swimming.
Professional counselors will also be on hand to talk with children when needed.
For more information on the camp, visit the Church of the Harvest website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured