Church offers free summer camp for tornado victims | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While many children are trying to enjoy the rest of their summer break, it can be hard for kids who lost everything during the May storms.
Church of the Harvest is helping those children with a free summer camp.
The ‘Youth America Kids Camp’ is providing free camp registrations to storm survivors in the first through fifth grade who experienced loss or damage to their homes or schools earlier this year.
The four-day, three-night camp is scheduled for July 29 through August 1.
Visitors will be able to enjoy games, activities, kid-oriented services and swimming.
Professional counselors will also be on hand to talk with children when needed.
For more information on the camp, visit the Church of the Harvest website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property