OKC house fire near Yukon a total loss | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews have contained a house fire in the outskirts of OKC near Yukon Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said the first started on Blue Quail Rd. near N. Piedmont Rd. and W. Britton Rd.
Fire crews had to take a defensive stance as the flames grew.
Authorities also struggled with getting enough water on the fire since there were no hydrants in the area.
Fire officials say the home is a complete loss and may have been sparked by a propane cylinder on the back patio.
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported.
Refresh this page and watch News Channel 4 for the latest updates.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property