OKC house fire near Yukon a total loss | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews have contained a house fire in the outskirts of OKC near Yukon Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said the first started on Blue Quail Rd. near N. Piedmont Rd. and W. Britton Rd.
Fire crews had to take a defensive stance as the flames grew.
Authorities also struggled with getting enough water on the fire since there were no hydrants in the area.
Fire officials say the home is a complete loss and may have been sparked by a propane cylinder on the back patio.
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported.
Refresh this page and watch News Channel 4 for the latest updates.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes