OKC house fire near Yukon a total loss | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews have contained a house fire in the outskirts of OKC near Yukon Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said the first started on Blue Quail Rd. near N. Piedmont Rd. and W. Britton Rd.
Fire crews had to take a defensive stance as the flames grew.
Authorities also struggled with getting enough water on the fire since there were no hydrants in the area.
Fire officials say the home is a complete loss and may have been sparked by a propane cylinder on the back patio.
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported.
Refresh this page and watch News Channel 4 for the latest updates.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder