No serious injuries after plane emergency landing near El Reno | News
EL RENO, Okla. – A single-engine Mooney plane made an emergency landing on a median along Route 66 just before noon Tuesday.
The pilot of the plane registered out of Wilmington, Delaware, had minor injuries but was able to walk away from the scene.
He was taken to the hospital to be checked as a precaution.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has not confirmed what forced the plane to make the controlled landing near Ft. Reno.
So far, authorities said the pilot was the only person on board.
He has not been identified.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property