No serious injuries after plane emergency landing near El Reno | News
EL RENO, Okla. – A single-engine Mooney plane made an emergency landing on a median along Route 66 just before noon Tuesday.
The pilot of the plane registered out of Wilmington, Delaware, had minor injuries but was able to walk away from the scene.
He was taken to the hospital to be checked as a precaution.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has not confirmed what forced the plane to make the controlled landing near Ft. Reno.
So far, authorities said the pilot was the only person on board.
He has not been identified.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes