No serious injuries after plane emergency landing near El Reno | News
EL RENO, Okla. – A single-engine Mooney plane made an emergency landing on a median along Route 66 just before noon Tuesday.
The pilot of the plane registered out of Wilmington, Delaware, had minor injuries but was able to walk away from the scene.
He was taken to the hospital to be checked as a precaution.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has not confirmed what forced the plane to make the controlled landing near Ft. Reno.
So far, authorities said the pilot was the only person on board.
He has not been identified.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel