No serious injuries after plane emergency landing near El Reno | News
EL RENO, Okla. – A single-engine Mooney plane made an emergency landing on a median along Route 66 just before noon Tuesday.
The pilot of the plane registered out of Wilmington, Delaware, had minor injuries but was able to walk away from the scene.
He was taken to the hospital to be checked as a precaution.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has not confirmed what forced the plane to make the controlled landing near Ft. Reno.
So far, authorities said the pilot was the only person on board.
He has not been identified.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan