Medical Examiner confirms child as latest tornado death | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office is releasing new information about the victims from the latest round of severe storms.
Authorities say they can now confirm 22 fatalities from the May 31 tornadoes and storms.
Officials with the medical examiner say eight of those victims are children and 14 are adults.
The latest victim is 4-year-old Destiny Love Shrum.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department says her body was found on the Oklahoma River Wednesday.
At this time, the cause of death is pending.
For more information, refresh this page and stay tuned to NewsChannel 4 throughout the afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan