Medical Examiner confirms child as latest tornado death | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office is releasing new information about the victims from the latest round of severe storms.
Authorities say they can now confirm 22 fatalities from the May 31 tornadoes and storms.
Officials with the medical examiner say eight of those victims are children and 14 are adults.
The latest victim is 4-year-old Destiny Love Shrum.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department says her body was found on the Oklahoma River Wednesday.
At this time, the cause of death is pending.
For more information, refresh this page and stay tuned to NewsChannel 4 throughout the afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel