Medical Examiner confirms child as latest tornado death | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office is releasing new information about the victims from the latest round of severe storms.
Authorities say they can now confirm 22 fatalities from the May 31 tornadoes and storms.
Officials with the medical examiner say eight of those victims are children and 14 are adults.
The latest victim is 4-year-old Destiny Love Shrum.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department says her body was found on the Oklahoma River Wednesday.
At this time, the cause of death is pending.
For more information, refresh this page and stay tuned to NewsChannel 4 throughout the afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog