Governor Fallin signs disaster relief bill | News
MOORE, Okla. – Governor Mary Fallin signed a disaster relief bill that allow $45 million for relief efforts in Oklahoma.
The bill appropriates the $45 million in aid to victims in Carney, Little Axe, Moore, Norman, Newcastle, Shawnee and other areas affected by the storm.
Official said at least 1,150 homes were destroyed.
That number may change as assessments continue.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Firefighters using extreme caution battling raging house fire with ammunition inside
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan