Governor Fallin signs disaster relief bill | News
MOORE, Okla. – Governor Mary Fallin signed a disaster relief bill that allow $45 million for relief efforts in Oklahoma.
The bill appropriates the $45 million in aid to victims in Carney, Little Axe, Moore, Norman, Newcastle, Shawnee and other areas affected by the storm.
Official said at least 1,150 homes were destroyed.
That number may change as assessments continue.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes