Governor Fallin signs disaster relief bill | News
MOORE, Okla. – Governor Mary Fallin signed a disaster relief bill that allow $45 million for relief efforts in Oklahoma.
The bill appropriates the $45 million in aid to victims in Carney, Little Axe, Moore, Norman, Newcastle, Shawnee and other areas affected by the storm.
Official said at least 1,150 homes were destroyed.
That number may change as assessments continue.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel