GUILTY: Jury finds Becky Bryan guilty of murdering husband | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Just a day after tornadoes ravaged Oklahoma, a jury found Becky Bryan guilty of murdering her husband, Nichols Hills fire chief Keith Bryan.
The jury recommended life without parole.
Bryan was accused of fatally shooting her husband of 33 years in their Mustang home in September of 2011.
David Reddick, Becky Bryan’s brother, testified for nearly two hours Friday morning.
He told jurors the couple was trying to save their marriage after her extramarital affair.
Prosecutors questioned that because investigators said Bryan continued to pursue a relationship with her former lover.
Reddick also tried to explain his sister’s behavior in the hours after Keith Bryan’s murder.
Reddick said she was trying to cope with her husband’s death.
He testified that humor is how some people handle difficult situations.
“She does and says things that are shocking to people,” Reddick said.
Prosecutors contend Bryan was not acting like a grieving wife.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel