GUILTY: Jury finds Becky Bryan guilty of murdering husband | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Just a day after tornadoes ravaged Oklahoma, a jury found Becky Bryan guilty of murdering her husband, Nichols Hills fire chief Keith Bryan.
The jury recommended life without parole.
Bryan was accused of fatally shooting her husband of 33 years in their Mustang home in September of 2011.
David Reddick, Becky Bryan’s brother, testified for nearly two hours Friday morning.
He told jurors the couple was trying to save their marriage after her extramarital affair.
Prosecutors questioned that because investigators said Bryan continued to pursue a relationship with her former lover.
Reddick also tried to explain his sister’s behavior in the hours after Keith Bryan’s murder.
Reddick said she was trying to cope with her husband’s death.
He testified that humor is how some people handle difficult situations.
“She does and says things that are shocking to people,” Reddick said.
Prosecutors contend Bryan was not acting like a grieving wife.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder