GUILTY: Jury finds Becky Bryan guilty of murdering husband | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Just a day after tornadoes ravaged Oklahoma, a jury found Becky Bryan guilty of murdering her husband, Nichols Hills fire chief Keith Bryan.
The jury recommended life without parole.
Bryan was accused of fatally shooting her husband of 33 years in their Mustang home in September of 2011.
David Reddick, Becky Bryan’s brother, testified for nearly two hours Friday morning.
He told jurors the couple was trying to save their marriage after her extramarital affair.
Prosecutors questioned that because investigators said Bryan continued to pursue a relationship with her former lover.
Reddick also tried to explain his sister’s behavior in the hours after Keith Bryan’s murder.
Reddick said she was trying to cope with her husband’s death.
He testified that humor is how some people handle difficult situations.
“She does and says things that are shocking to people,” Reddick said.
Prosecutors contend Bryan was not acting like a grieving wife.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement