Kindle registration leads investigators to suspect | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Deputies say they have arrested one man after an extensive investigation into a home burglary.
On Jan. 14, officers were called to a burglary after someone broke into a home and stole several items like computer equipment, camera equipment, children’s electronics, iPods, jewelry and a Kindle Fire HD.
Later that month, investigators learned from the owner that the stolen Kindle Fire tablet had been re-registered under another name.
After waiting for a subpoena, police learned the new owner of the device was Danny Clark, of Oklahoma City.
Investigators learned that Clark had been convicted of possession of stolen property, use of offensive weapon in the commission of a felony, possession of firearms after conviction of a felony, assault with dangerous weapons, pointing firearms, narcotics violations, unauthorized use of motor vehicle and forged instruments.
Monday, deputies received a search warrant for Clark’s home and discovered several items that were stolen from the Guthrie house.
Investigators say they also found methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, numerous items of stolen property from other burglaries and larcenies.
Officials say they have recovered items from burglaries in Oklahoma City, Yukon, Moore and Goldsby.
Authorities allege Clark also stole packages that had been left on porches by UPS, FedEx and USPS.
Clark is charged in Oklahoma County for the methamphetamine, paraphernalia and stolen property.
He is being held in the Logan County Sheriff’s Office Detention Center on a $100,000 bond.
Clark has numerous prior suspended sentences that are in the process of being revoked.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Caddo Nation headquarters hit by alleged vandals, thieves
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl found safe
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- Four in custody after alleged attempted car jacking sends car into south Oklahoma City home
- Police: Two in critical condition after late night apartment shooting, fire starts minutes later
- Police department forced to change popular event name
- Firefighters put out blaze at S.W. OKC apartment complex
- Protesters chain themselves to Devon Tower doors