Kindle registration leads investigators to suspect | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Deputies say they have arrested one man after an extensive investigation into a home burglary.
On Jan. 14, officers were called to a burglary after someone broke into a home and stole several items like computer equipment, camera equipment, children’s electronics, iPods, jewelry and a Kindle Fire HD.
Later that month, investigators learned from the owner that the stolen Kindle Fire tablet had been re-registered under another name.
After waiting for a subpoena, police learned the new owner of the device was Danny Clark, of Oklahoma City.
Investigators learned that Clark had been convicted of possession of stolen property, use of offensive weapon in the commission of a felony, possession of firearms after conviction of a felony, assault with dangerous weapons, pointing firearms, narcotics violations, unauthorized use of motor vehicle and forged instruments.
Monday, deputies received a search warrant for Clark’s home and discovered several items that were stolen from the Guthrie house.
Investigators say they also found methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, numerous items of stolen property from other burglaries and larcenies.
Officials say they have recovered items from burglaries in Oklahoma City, Yukon, Moore and Goldsby.
Authorities allege Clark also stole packages that had been left on porches by UPS, FedEx and USPS.
Clark is charged in Oklahoma County for the methamphetamine, paraphernalia and stolen property.
He is being held in the Logan County Sheriff’s Office Detention Center on a $100,000 bond.
Clark has numerous prior suspended sentences that are in the process of being revoked.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel