Consumer Alert: How to avoid roof rip offs | News
A consumer alert for anyone faced with replacing their roof after last week’s hail storm.
Cannon joined us in the studio with some timely advice.
He said one of the most important things residents need to know is that Oklahoma doesn’t require roofers to be licensed.
That means just about anyone can advertise to get on top of your home, even without proper tools or training.
Cannon said to find out of a roofer in local or from out of state.
He also said homeowners should plan in advance for roof repairs.
There are actually ways to avoid upfront costs in storm recovery.
Cannon warned contractors will often say they will deduct your insurance deductible from the bill but that is illegal.
[ooyala code="B4MjEzYjpFCn0j7VE_W-XH51PSLNMckw" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Caddo Nation headquarters hit by alleged vandals, thieves
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl found safe
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- Car hits child on bike in S.E. Oklahoma City; no word on injuries
- Four in custody after alleged attempted car jacking sends car into south Oklahoma City home
- Police: Two in critical condition after late night apartment shooting, fire starts minutes later
- Police department forced to change popular event name
- Firefighters put out blaze at S.W. OKC apartment complex