Consumer Alert: How to avoid roof rip offs | News
A consumer alert for anyone faced with replacing their roof after last week’s hail storm.
Cannon joined us in the studio with some timely advice.
He said one of the most important things residents need to know is that Oklahoma doesn’t require roofers to be licensed.
That means just about anyone can advertise to get on top of your home, even without proper tools or training.
Cannon said to find out of a roofer in local or from out of state.
He also said homeowners should plan in advance for roof repairs.
There are actually ways to avoid upfront costs in storm recovery.
Cannon warned contractors will often say they will deduct your insurance deductible from the bill but that is illegal.
[ooyala code="B4MjEzYjpFCn0j7VE_W-XH51PSLNMckw" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel