Consumer Alert: How to avoid roof rip offs | News
A consumer alert for anyone faced with replacing their roof after last week’s hail storm.
Cannon joined us in the studio with some timely advice.
He said one of the most important things residents need to know is that Oklahoma doesn’t require roofers to be licensed.
That means just about anyone can advertise to get on top of your home, even without proper tools or training.
Cannon said to find out of a roofer in local or from out of state.
He also said homeowners should plan in advance for roof repairs.
There are actually ways to avoid upfront costs in storm recovery.
Cannon warned contractors will often say they will deduct your insurance deductible from the bill but that is illegal.
[ooyala code="B4MjEzYjpFCn0j7VE_W-XH51PSLNMckw" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Firefighters using extreme caution battling raging house fire with ammunition inside
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan