Westbrook to undergo surgery for knee injury | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Bad news for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Officials announced Thunder guard Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery in the coming days to repair a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.
They said they don’t have a timetable for his return.
Westbrook suffered the injury in the second quarter of Game 2 of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs.
The three-time NBA All-Star averaged 23.2 points (6th in NBA), 7.4 assists (7th), a career-high 5.2 rebounds and 1.77 steals (9th) in 82 games this season.
“Our players’ health is our first and foremost concern,” Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti said. “We have thoroughly discussed this with Russell. Despite being the competitor and teammate that he is, he respects and understands the decision and is committed to come back even stronger.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff