Houston radio station sparks firestorm with Thunder Girl weight debate | News
CBS Radio out of Houston, Texas, sparked quite a firestorm this week when they posted a story on their website that asked, “Is this girl too chunky to be an Oklahoma City Thunder Cheerleader?”
Oklahoma City Thunder Girl Kelsey Self Williams is the object of their debate.
The question was discussed on talk radio and the comments may have been too hot for the radio station to handle.
Dr. Melissa Rich Christian with Counseling Associates joined us to talk about the problems with this kind of weight debate.
BELOW: Screen shot of the story CBS Radio Houston posted and then removed Wednesday afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured