Houston radio station sparks firestorm with Thunder Girl weight debate | News
CBS Radio out of Houston, Texas, sparked quite a firestorm this week when they posted a story on their website that asked, “Is this girl too chunky to be an Oklahoma City Thunder Cheerleader?”
Oklahoma City Thunder Girl Kelsey Self Williams is the object of their debate.
The question was discussed on talk radio and the comments may have been too hot for the radio station to handle.
Dr. Melissa Rich Christian with Counseling Associates joined us to talk about the problems with this kind of weight debate.
BELOW: Screen shot of the story CBS Radio Houston posted and then removed Wednesday afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed