Houston radio station sparks firestorm with Thunder Girl weight debate | News
CBS Radio out of Houston, Texas, sparked quite a firestorm this week when they posted a story on their website that asked, “Is this girl too chunky to be an Oklahoma City Thunder Cheerleader?”
Oklahoma City Thunder Girl Kelsey Self Williams is the object of their debate.
The question was discussed on talk radio and the comments may have been too hot for the radio station to handle.
Dr. Melissa Rich Christian with Counseling Associates joined us to talk about the problems with this kind of weight debate.
BELOW: Screen shot of the story CBS Radio Houston posted and then removed Wednesday afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff