Earthquake costs Mustang shop $1,000 in damages | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – A Mustang business was rattled by the earthquakes Tuesday morning.
The shop Heart Strings, Flowers and Gifts was stocked for Mother’s Day.
Store employee Sheree Pruett said she felt the quakes at her house that morning but didn’t expect the mess she found in the store.
“I didn’t even think that until I walked into the door and saw the floor covered in glass,” she said. “These are all of our Mother’s Day vases that we were preparing to make arrangements for Mother’s Day.”
Around 35 vases were smashed into pieces on the ground.
Employees spent the day with buckets and brooms.
They don’t have earthquake insurance and will have to foot the bill for the almost $1,000 in damage.
This time, Pruett said, they will reconsider the vases safekeeping.
“We may store our vases down low and away from glass,” she said.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff