Earthquake costs Mustang shop $1,000 in damages | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – A Mustang business was rattled by the earthquakes Tuesday morning.
The shop Heart Strings, Flowers and Gifts was stocked for Mother’s Day.
Store employee Sheree Pruett said she felt the quakes at her house that morning but didn’t expect the mess she found in the store.
“I didn’t even think that until I walked into the door and saw the floor covered in glass,” she said. “These are all of our Mother’s Day vases that we were preparing to make arrangements for Mother’s Day.”
Around 35 vases were smashed into pieces on the ground.
Employees spent the day with buckets and brooms.
They don’t have earthquake insurance and will have to foot the bill for the almost $1,000 in damage.
This time, Pruett said, they will reconsider the vases safekeeping.
“We may store our vases down low and away from glass,” she said.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames