Fingerprints may soon be requirement to volunteer at schools | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – An effort to keep felons out of Oklahoma schools is making its way through the State Capitol.
The measure will directly impact volunteers who already undergo a background check to help out at their child’s school.
Officials said fingerprints may soon be a requirement as well.
However, each school district will have the option of deciding who must undergo a background check as well as who pays for it.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured