Fingerprints may soon be requirement to volunteer at schools | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – An effort to keep felons out of Oklahoma schools is making its way through the State Capitol.
The measure will directly impact volunteers who already undergo a background check to help out at their child’s school.
Officials said fingerprints may soon be a requirement as well.
However, each school district will have the option of deciding who must undergo a background check as well as who pays for it.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes