Fingerprints may soon be requirement to volunteer at schools | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – An effort to keep felons out of Oklahoma schools is making its way through the State Capitol.
The measure will directly impact volunteers who already undergo a background check to help out at their child’s school.
Officials said fingerprints may soon be a requirement as well.
However, each school district will have the option of deciding who must undergo a background check as well as who pays for it.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property
- Pet saves family in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- ‘It’s a perfect storm;’ What homeowners can do about higher property taxes