Okla. legislature honoring 45th Infantry, Army National Guard | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma legislature is preparing to honor the state’s 45th Infantry Division and members of the state’s Army and National Guard.
Tuesday state lawmakers will convene a joint session for their annual 45th Infantry and Oklahoma National Guard Appreciation Day.
The 45th Infantry Division was deactivated back in 1968 and replaced with three brigade-sized elements which compose the National Guard to this day; the 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, the 45th Fires Brigade and 90th Troop Command.
Thanks to all the men and women who serve with the 45th and National Guard.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed