Okla. airport control tower closings postponed | News
WASHINGTON – The FAA announced a last-minute reprieve for more than 100 regional airport control towers scheduled to be shut down this weekend due to federal spending cuts.
Those closings will be delayed until June 15.
The delay should give communities more time to decide if they can pay to keep those towers open on their own.
A handful of control towers here in Oklahoma could be impacted by the sequester.
Nationwide, more than 1,000 jobs were expected to be lost as a result of the closures.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames
- Bags of dead dogs dumped in rural Okla. neighborhood