Okla. airport control tower closings postponed | News
WASHINGTON – The FAA announced a last-minute reprieve for more than 100 regional airport control towers scheduled to be shut down this weekend due to federal spending cuts.
Those closings will be delayed until June 15.
The delay should give communities more time to decide if they can pay to keep those towers open on their own.
A handful of control towers here in Oklahoma could be impacted by the sequester.
Nationwide, more than 1,000 jobs were expected to be lost as a result of the closures.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel