Nursing home surveillance bill passes Okla. Senate | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Homeowners use surveillance cameras as a form of protection and now a bill aimed at protecting nursing home residents uses that same principle.
Senate Bill 587 unanimously passed the Okla. Senate Tuesday.
The “Protect Our Loved Ones” Act would allow residents to put cameras in their rooms.
The bill now heads to the House for consideration.
Wes Bledsoe, A Perfect Cause Live founder, is a big supporter of the bill.
He joined us in studio to talk about what the bill would do and why he said it’s needed.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property