Homeland Security tight-lipped about El Reno investigation | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Federal authorities and local law enforcement served several search warrants Wednesday night.
The Canadian County Sheriff’s Office said the warrants were served simultaneously at multiple locations including several businesses.
A command post was setup outside the VFW in El Reno.
Authorities said they cannot release any information about the nature of the operation.
“This warrant sweep is the result of a very lengthy investigation into criminal activity occurring in Canadian County and I’m hopeful that our efforts will result in bringing the individuals involved to justice,” Randall Edwards said, Canadian County Sheriff.
News Channel 4 saw several officials remove what appeared to be a slot machine from a downtown business.
It’s unclear if the investigation involves illegal gambling.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DASH CAM: Wild chase ends in crash, suspect attempts to swim away
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan