Homeland Security tight-lipped about El Reno investigation | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Federal authorities and local law enforcement served several search warrants Wednesday night.
The Canadian County Sheriff’s Office said the warrants were served simultaneously at multiple locations including several businesses.
A command post was setup outside the VFW in El Reno.
Authorities said they cannot release any information about the nature of the operation.
“This warrant sweep is the result of a very lengthy investigation into criminal activity occurring in Canadian County and I’m hopeful that our efforts will result in bringing the individuals involved to justice,” Randall Edwards said, Canadian County Sheriff.
News Channel 4 saw several officials remove what appeared to be a slot machine from a downtown business.
It’s unclear if the investigation involves illegal gambling.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames