Homeland Security tight-lipped about El Reno investigation | News
EL RENO, Okla. – Federal authorities and local law enforcement served several search warrants Wednesday night.
The Canadian County Sheriff’s Office said the warrants were served simultaneously at multiple locations including several businesses.
A command post was setup outside the VFW in El Reno.
Authorities said they cannot release any information about the nature of the operation.
“This warrant sweep is the result of a very lengthy investigation into criminal activity occurring in Canadian County and I’m hopeful that our efforts will result in bringing the individuals involved to justice,” Randall Edwards said, Canadian County Sheriff.
News Channel 4 saw several officials remove what appeared to be a slot machine from a downtown business.
It’s unclear if the investigation involves illegal gambling.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed