Yukon not making up snow day | News
YUKON, Okla.—A few students were able to enjoy an extra day off last month when class was cancelled for bad weather. Now the Yukon Public School District says that day does not need to be made up.
Yukon Public School Superintendent Bill Denton announced that there would be no need to make up the snow day that was used on Feb. 21.
Officials say the district calculates the school year in minutes rather than days, which allows the schools to not have to make up snow days if they stay on track.
Authorities say the district just needs to be on track to have 1,080 hours for the school year.
As long as the district continues this way, the last day of school for students will be May 23.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel