Yukon not making up snow day | News
YUKON, Okla.—A few students were able to enjoy an extra day off last month when class was cancelled for bad weather. Now the Yukon Public School District says that day does not need to be made up.
Yukon Public School Superintendent Bill Denton announced that there would be no need to make up the snow day that was used on Feb. 21.
Officials say the district calculates the school year in minutes rather than days, which allows the schools to not have to make up snow days if they stay on track.
Authorities say the district just needs to be on track to have 1,080 hours for the school year.
As long as the district continues this way, the last day of school for students will be May 23.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement