AIDS/HIV Red Tie Night 2013 | News
Today a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence.
But the condition is still serious and the fight continues to find treatments, vaccines and ultimately a cure.
About 30 percent of HIV cases in Oklahoma are in people ages 20 to 29.
Reaching this population with education and medical care is critical.
HIV/AIDS expert Dr. David Chansolme talked with us about the latest research and a big event to help raise awareness, Red Tie Night 2013.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed