AIDS/HIV Red Tie Night 2013 | News
Today a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence.
But the condition is still serious and the fight continues to find treatments, vaccines and ultimately a cure.
About 30 percent of HIV cases in Oklahoma are in people ages 20 to 29.
Reaching this population with education and medical care is critical.
HIV/AIDS expert Dr. David Chansolme talked with us about the latest research and a big event to help raise awareness, Red Tie Night 2013.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes