Memorial services scheduled for crash victims | News
YUKON,Okla.—Family and friends will be remembering the lives of two Eagle Med crew members who lost their lives while trying to respond to an emergency.
The helicopter had just taken off from Baptist Hospital and was headed to Watonga on a call.
However, it went down just a few miles from the hospital in the parking lot of a retirement center near Britton and Council.
Chris Denning, a flight nurse, and the pilot, Mark Montgomery, were killed in the crash.
A memorial service is scheduled for Denning on Friday, March 1 at 2:30 p.m. at LifeChurch in Yukon.
We’re told his family has asked for a private burial ceremony to be held.
Montgomery’s memorial service will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Norman.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel