Memorial services scheduled for crash victims | News
YUKON,Okla.—Family and friends will be remembering the lives of two Eagle Med crew members who lost their lives while trying to respond to an emergency.
The helicopter had just taken off from Baptist Hospital and was headed to Watonga on a call.
However, it went down just a few miles from the hospital in the parking lot of a retirement center near Britton and Council.
Chris Denning, a flight nurse, and the pilot, Mark Montgomery, were killed in the crash.
A memorial service is scheduled for Denning on Friday, March 1 at 2:30 p.m. at LifeChurch in Yukon.
We’re told his family has asked for a private burial ceremony to be held.
Montgomery’s memorial service will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Norman.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames