Memorial services scheduled for crash victims | News
YUKON,Okla.—Family and friends will be remembering the lives of two Eagle Med crew members who lost their lives while trying to respond to an emergency.
The helicopter had just taken off from Baptist Hospital and was headed to Watonga on a call.
However, it went down just a few miles from the hospital in the parking lot of a retirement center near Britton and Council.
Chris Denning, a flight nurse, and the pilot, Mark Montgomery, were killed in the crash.
A memorial service is scheduled for Denning on Friday, March 1 at 2:30 p.m. at LifeChurch in Yukon.
We’re told his family has asked for a private burial ceremony to be held.
Montgomery’s memorial service will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Norman.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DASH CAM: Wild chase ends in crash, suspect attempts to swim away
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan