WEATHER: Drivers should allow extra time for morning commute | News
Drivers should allow extra time for their morning commutes because of the winter weather that moved through the metro Monday evening that left slick spots in most of the metro overnight and some roads very dangerous just outside the metro, mostly in NW Oklahoma..
The winter storm hit northwestern Oklahoma with whiteout conditions and tall snow drifts.
Gov. Mary Fallin has issued a state of emergency for 56 Oklahoma counties as of Monday.
Travel in northwestern Okla. is highly discouraged.
Counties under State of Emergency:
Adair, Alfalfa, Beaver, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cherokee, Cimarron, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Craig. Creek, Custer, Delaware, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Major, Mayes, McClain, McIntosh, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Rogers, Seminole, Texas, Tillman, Tulsa, Wagoner, Washington, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
Gusty north winds created whiteout conditions across northwestern Oklahoma.
Download our 4WarnMe app for real-time severe weather coverage direct from the 4Warn weather studios. Available for iPhone and Android.
- Severe Weather Push Notifications
- Live Streaming Weather Coverage
- Tornado Safety Tips
- Send photos to KFOR-TV
- Radar, satellite and other weather images
Stay 4Warned with the 4Warn Storm Team:
Have severe weather pictures?
UPLOAD them here.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder