4 Things to know before doing your taxes | News
Doing your taxes is never an easy undertaking and this year could turn out to be even more taxing.
We all remember the last-minute haggling in Washington as lawmakers tried to reach a deal before the U.S. plummeted over the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
Since then taxpayers have been left navigating through the changes.
CPA and personal financial specialist Randy Cloud helped us crack the tax code because frankly, it’s confusing.
He said the first thing everyone should know is to get new forms; the ones you used last year are not good anymore.
Cloud also said everyone should be aware of changes in Social Security tax, personal and dependent claims, taxable wage increases and tax rate changes.
But the deadline hasn’t changed; your taxes are still due April 15.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel