4 Things to know before doing your taxes | News
Doing your taxes is never an easy undertaking and this year could turn out to be even more taxing.
We all remember the last-minute haggling in Washington as lawmakers tried to reach a deal before the U.S. plummeted over the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
Since then taxpayers have been left navigating through the changes.
CPA and personal financial specialist Randy Cloud helped us crack the tax code because frankly, it’s confusing.
He said the first thing everyone should know is to get new forms; the ones you used last year are not good anymore.
Cloud also said everyone should be aware of changes in Social Security tax, personal and dependent claims, taxable wage increases and tax rate changes.
But the deadline hasn’t changed; your taxes are still due April 15.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area