Drought, high winds pose major issue for metro firefighters | News
Fire crews across the metro are working overtime Monday thanks to high winds and dry conditions.
Also, a Duncan church is a total loss after a fire Monday morning.
Officials said the high winds and dry weather have created the perfect recipe for wildfires.
Authorities are asking residents to take extra precautions to prevent fires Monday.
Currently no Oklahoma counties are under a burn ban.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear