Drought, high winds pose major issue for metro firefighters | News
Fire crews across the metro are working overtime Monday thanks to high winds and dry conditions.
Also, a Duncan church is a total loss after a fire Monday morning.
Officials said the high winds and dry weather have created the perfect recipe for wildfires.
Authorities are asking residents to take extra precautions to prevent fires Monday.
Currently no Oklahoma counties are under a burn ban.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel