Drought, high winds pose major issue for metro firefighters | News
Fire crews across the metro are working overtime Monday thanks to high winds and dry conditions.
Also, a Duncan church is a total loss after a fire Monday morning.
Officials said the high winds and dry weather have created the perfect recipe for wildfires.
Authorities are asking residents to take extra precautions to prevent fires Monday.
Currently no Oklahoma counties are under a burn ban.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog