WATCH: Kevin Ogle one-on-one with Pres. Obama | News
What an honor, no matter your politics, to get invited to interview a sitting president one-on-one.
The time was limited, five to seven minutes, but thanks to 1,000 viewers who emailed their questions, we had plenty to choose from for President Obama.
We found the questions that repeated a theme and seemed to be the most asked and boiled them down to four.
- Gun control
- How the impending sequester could affect the thousands of federal employees in Oklahoma
- Gas prices
- One surprise question for the president
Our Commander-in-Chief answered those questions with comments ranging from limiting high-capacity magazine clips, demanding congress to work with him on his balanced budget to avoid sequestration, talking about China and India causing the demand for oil and hence gas prices to go up….and a laugh about that fourth question mentioned.
“You know his mother and his grandmother still live in this area and I had a chance to see him when he was here,” Pres. Obama said.
The full interview will air Sunday, Feb. 24, at 9:30 a.m. on Flashpoint, right here on KFOR-TV News Channel 4.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed