KFOR-TV loses old friend in WKY family | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The KFOR-TV family has lost an old friend, “Sammy” Don Moon.
Moon, founder and president of Mason and Moon Advertising, died late Wednesday evening; he was 65.
He started his Oklahoma City career in radio WKY in 1969.
According to family, he quickly realized his true love, advertising, and joined Smith & Associates Advertising Agency in 1977.
Moon’s dream came true when he opened his own agency in 1989, Mason and Moon Advertising.
Mason and Moon’s clients include Subway® restaurants, The Shoppes at Northpark, Fenton Nissan, Central Home Builder’s Association, Pella Windows and Doors, Norwalk Furniture, among others.
“We are shocked and devastated that our dear friend and mentor has passed away,” Tonya Connor said, Senior Vice President of Mason and Moon Advertising. ”He made such an impact on each and every life that he touched. We will miss his spunk, liveliness and true passion for advertising.”
Moon leaves behind a successful advertising agency and a great family including his wife and three sons and their families.
For thoughts and prayers for the family, please send an email to: RememberingSammy@MasonandMoon.com
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder