KFOR-TV loses old friend in WKY family | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The KFOR-TV family has lost an old friend, “Sammy” Don Moon.
Moon, founder and president of Mason and Moon Advertising, died late Wednesday evening; he was 65.
He started his Oklahoma City career in radio WKY in 1969.
According to family, he quickly realized his true love, advertising, and joined Smith & Associates Advertising Agency in 1977.
Moon’s dream came true when he opened his own agency in 1989, Mason and Moon Advertising.
Mason and Moon’s clients include Subway® restaurants, The Shoppes at Northpark, Fenton Nissan, Central Home Builder’s Association, Pella Windows and Doors, Norwalk Furniture, among others.
“We are shocked and devastated that our dear friend and mentor has passed away,” Tonya Connor said, Senior Vice President of Mason and Moon Advertising. ”He made such an impact on each and every life that he touched. We will miss his spunk, liveliness and true passion for advertising.”
Moon leaves behind a successful advertising agency and a great family including his wife and three sons and their families.
For thoughts and prayers for the family, please send an email to: RememberingSammy@MasonandMoon.com
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel