El Reno thankful for rain, snow | News
EL RENO, Okla. – The forecast was for rain early in the morning then snow shortly after and that’s exactly what happened Tuesday in El Reno.
Kathy Higgens said, “The snow is absolutely beautiful.”
Gigantic snowflakes blanket downtown El Reno making you forget that the temperature was 62 degrees 48 hours ago.
The high moisture content of the flakes made it hard for them to stick to the pavement but that was short-lived.
For several hours moderate and heavy snow bands dumped several inches of the white stuff.
Higgens said, “The moisture is wonderful and we’ll take it any way we can get it.”
Folks we talked too didn’t mind some of the travel headaches; some were even looking forward to their commute home.
Jay Emory said, “I know there is a big parking lot next door. I may have to go do a doughnut.”
Highway officials are urging motorists to stay where they are and not to take a chance on the slick roadways.
More on the El Reno snow from meteorologist Chase Thomason:
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear