El Reno thankful for rain, snow | News
EL RENO, Okla. – The forecast was for rain early in the morning then snow shortly after and that’s exactly what happened Tuesday in El Reno.
Kathy Higgens said, “The snow is absolutely beautiful.”
Gigantic snowflakes blanket downtown El Reno making you forget that the temperature was 62 degrees 48 hours ago.
The high moisture content of the flakes made it hard for them to stick to the pavement but that was short-lived.
For several hours moderate and heavy snow bands dumped several inches of the white stuff.
Higgens said, “The moisture is wonderful and we’ll take it any way we can get it.”
Folks we talked too didn’t mind some of the travel headaches; some were even looking forward to their commute home.
Jay Emory said, “I know there is a big parking lot next door. I may have to go do a doughnut.”
Highway officials are urging motorists to stay where they are and not to take a chance on the slick roadways.
More on the El Reno snow from meteorologist Chase Thomason:
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement