El Reno thankful for rain, snow | News
EL RENO, Okla. – The forecast was for rain early in the morning then snow shortly after and that’s exactly what happened Tuesday in El Reno.
Kathy Higgens said, “The snow is absolutely beautiful.”
Gigantic snowflakes blanket downtown El Reno making you forget that the temperature was 62 degrees 48 hours ago.
The high moisture content of the flakes made it hard for them to stick to the pavement but that was short-lived.
For several hours moderate and heavy snow bands dumped several inches of the white stuff.
Higgens said, “The moisture is wonderful and we’ll take it any way we can get it.”
Folks we talked too didn’t mind some of the travel headaches; some were even looking forward to their commute home.
Jay Emory said, “I know there is a big parking lot next door. I may have to go do a doughnut.”
Highway officials are urging motorists to stay where they are and not to take a chance on the slick roadways.
More on the El Reno snow from meteorologist Chase Thomason:
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff