Urban survival training for every day and Apocalypse | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Todd Long has no military special forces training but his father was a game warden and MP in the US Army.
Long himself, spent a half-dozen years living on the streets.
He said the homeless are the most hard-core survivalists out there.
“One of the things I preach is being prepared,” he said.
Todd is a McGyver of sorts, capable of turning almost anything into something useful.
Now he’s offering his unique skills in an urban survival course.
He’ll help you find and build shelter, forage, trap and hunt for food using unconventional weapons and move safely and stealthfully through an unfriendly urban environment.
Todd acknowledges the world will not likely come to a screeching halt tomorrow.
But he said we should all be alert and prepared for what may be around the apocalyptic corner.
“Sometimes the only apocalypse is a personal one,” Todd said. ”You lose your job. You lose your house and for whatever reason you find yourself on the street.”
Todd said his $50 course gives students invaluable skills to survive, thrive and overcome any of life’s obstacles.
Todd said he’s had lots of interest in his 6-hour, hands-on class, but so so far, no takers.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder