Midwest City man arrested for molestation | News
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. – Residents said N. Holman St. is normally quiet but this week there has been a lot of chatter about one of the neighbors.
Richard Rodriguez 39, was arrested for alleged sexual abuse of a 13-year-old girl.
Court documents state her parents “…found an unknown cell phone with messages and photographs indicating a relationship.”
They called El Reno Police.
Investigators said Rodriguez admitted to sexual activity with the victim on three occasions; two encounters at Will Rogers Airport and one at Crossroads Mall.
Police said the victim is almost the same age as one of Rodriguez’s own children.
Rodriguez has worked at Tinker Air Force Base as a civilian electronics mechanic.
Lawmen tell News Channel 4 he faces a long list of serious charges related to this crime including counts for rape by instrumentation, lewd acts with a child, forcible oral sodomy and soliciting sexual conduct using a cell phone.
He was issued a $200,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder