Yukon under mandatory water restrictions | News
YUKON, Okla. – The City of Yukon’s 8,600 customers are now under mandatory water restrictions because of its contractual requirements with Oklahoma City.
City officials said the mandatory odd/even water rationing is effective immediately.
Customers whose address numbers end in even numbers may water their yards and landscaping on even numbered calendar days.
Likewise, citizens whose house numbers end in an odd number may water on odd-numbered calendar days.
Oklahoma City implemented the water restrictions because of drought conditions.
The rotation program applies to yard sprinklers and sprinkler irrigation systems that should be used only between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder