Yukon under mandatory water restrictions | News
YUKON, Okla. – The City of Yukon’s 8,600 customers are now under mandatory water restrictions because of its contractual requirements with Oklahoma City.
City officials said the mandatory odd/even water rationing is effective immediately.
Customers whose address numbers end in even numbers may water their yards and landscaping on even numbered calendar days.
Likewise, citizens whose house numbers end in an odd number may water on odd-numbered calendar days.
Oklahoma City implemented the water restrictions because of drought conditions.
The rotation program applies to yard sprinklers and sprinkler irrigation systems that should be used only between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel