Yukon under mandatory water restrictions | News
YUKON, Okla. – The City of Yukon’s 8,600 customers are now under mandatory water restrictions because of its contractual requirements with Oklahoma City.
City officials said the mandatory odd/even water rationing is effective immediately.
Customers whose address numbers end in even numbers may water their yards and landscaping on even numbered calendar days.
Likewise, citizens whose house numbers end in an odd number may water on odd-numbered calendar days.
Oklahoma City implemented the water restrictions because of drought conditions.
The rotation program applies to yard sprinklers and sprinkler irrigation systems that should be used only between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property