Ice and sleet early Christmas morning to turn into blowing snow near noon | News
STATEWIDE — The days of near-60s and light coats may be over. Much of Oklahoma will receive ice and sleet starting near midnight Tuesday, which will eventually turn into blowing snow starting near the noon hour on Christmas day. The light fluffy stuff will continue falling for much of Christmas Day as well before tapering off Christmas afternoon into the evening.
Expected snowfall totals are now expected to be less than a few inches due to a warm air mass that will cause ice and sleet in the early morning hours before turning into snow. Earlier models suggested more snow, but with an ice/sleet combination in the mix, snowfall totals may be reduced – with travel conditions still being extremely dangerous throughout Christmas day.
To make sure you have the latest on the Winter Storms, use the below tools to keep 4Warned:
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel