Mustang couple thankful for Good Samaritan | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – The Christmas tree is already up at the Fischer house in Mustang and there are a few presents under the tree.
There are more to come thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
“A lot of Christmases we don’t have a lot to get gifts for the kids so we’re really focusing on getting them gifts this year,” Heather said.
That’s why Heather and Chris put a few hundred dollars worth of toys on layaway for their three kids at the Walmart store in Yukon.
The couple said they would figure out a way to pay the bill somehow.
Then came a surprise voice-mail message; someone had paid off the entire bill.
It’s a trend happening all over the country.
“A random man walked in and said, ‘Pick two people’ and he paid off their layaways and ours was one of them,” Heather said.
She and Chris want to say “thank you” to the person who paid the bill.
“You are a reminder of what humanity can be,” Chris said.
He and his wife said they will have a much merrier Christmas thanks to the kindness of a person they’ve never met.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area