Mustang couple thankful for Good Samaritan | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – The Christmas tree is already up at the Fischer house in Mustang and there are a few presents under the tree.
There are more to come thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
“A lot of Christmases we don’t have a lot to get gifts for the kids so we’re really focusing on getting them gifts this year,” Heather said.
That’s why Heather and Chris put a few hundred dollars worth of toys on layaway for their three kids at the Walmart store in Yukon.
The couple said they would figure out a way to pay the bill somehow.
Then came a surprise voice-mail message; someone had paid off the entire bill.
It’s a trend happening all over the country.
“A random man walked in and said, ‘Pick two people’ and he paid off their layaways and ours was one of them,” Heather said.
She and Chris want to say “thank you” to the person who paid the bill.
“You are a reminder of what humanity can be,” Chris said.
He and his wife said they will have a much merrier Christmas thanks to the kindness of a person they’ve never met.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured