Mustang couple thankful for Good Samaritan | News
MUSTANG, Okla. – The Christmas tree is already up at the Fischer house in Mustang and there are a few presents under the tree.
There are more to come thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
“A lot of Christmases we don’t have a lot to get gifts for the kids so we’re really focusing on getting them gifts this year,” Heather said.
That’s why Heather and Chris put a few hundred dollars worth of toys on layaway for their three kids at the Walmart store in Yukon.
The couple said they would figure out a way to pay the bill somehow.
Then came a surprise voice-mail message; someone had paid off the entire bill.
It’s a trend happening all over the country.
“A random man walked in and said, ‘Pick two people’ and he paid off their layaways and ours was one of them,” Heather said.
She and Chris want to say “thank you” to the person who paid the bill.
“You are a reminder of what humanity can be,” Chris said.
He and his wife said they will have a much merrier Christmas thanks to the kindness of a person they’ve never met.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel