ODOT: Major roads clear after frosty start across state | News
All highways are clear after a frosty morning across the state, according to the Okla. Dept. of Transportation.
ODOT is reminding all drivers to be alert during the changing weather conditions.
· Be aware of "black ice," which looks wet on the roadway but is actually a thin layer of ice.
· Check road conditions before getting out on the roads.
· Remain alert to possible slick spots, especially on bridges and overpasses.
CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS, call the Department of Public Safety's ROAD CONDITIONS HOTLINE at 888-425-2385.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed