Joy 4 Kids: Adopt a child’s wish list | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – For two decades now Regina Haywood has been opening up her heart and home to foster kids.
She currently has four boys living under her roof and while she receives assistance from the state, money is still tight.
Remember, most children enter foster care as a result of abuse or neglect and are typically removed from their home with only the shirt on their back.
Families in need of a hand up turn to organizations like SAFY, Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth, and Citizens Caring for Children, for resources like counseling, clothes, shoes, books, school supplies and presents during the holidays.
CCC Executive Director Amy Mitchell said, “I’ve had kids tell me that Santa doesn’t know where they live anymore because they were removed from their homes.”
Once again, the In Your Corner team is teaming up with Citizens Caring for Children, Fit-4-U Personal Training, Go To Girl Inc., and Yoga at Tiffany’s to collect money and buy toys for foster kids to ensure they have presents under the tree this Christmas.
Hundreds of wish lists are waiting to be adopted right now.
“They usually ask for three things, anywhere from Justin Bieber CDs, to their very first bike,” Mitchell said.
These children deserve a chance at a better life.
Help give them a Christmas to remember.
You can adopt a wish list by contacting Citizens Caring for Children directly.
FACEBOOK: Joy 4 Kids
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel